Our smile boosts our confidence. However, stained, cracked, or chipped teeth adversely affect our self-esteem. Fortunately, cosmetic dentistry has come a long way with so many options to enhance our teeth and make our smiles even more attractive. Among them, the most effective one is the veneers.
What Are Veneers?
Veneers are thin-as-a-wafer teeth restorations that cover tooth imperfections by being attached to the front of your teeth. It is either made of porcelain or resin materials. So, if you want to enhance your smile, you need to know everything about veneers.
Things to Know About Veneers
- Veneers are relatively sturdy and can last up to 10 to 15 years. When you take care of your veneers just like you would treat your natural teeth, it can even last longer than 15 years. Regularly brushing and flossing of teeth ensure to keep the veneers intact and in the best shape possible.
- Sometimes, people confuse veneers with implants. But they are not the same. Veneers are thin shells customized according to the appearance of your natural teeth. It sticks like a fingernail in front of your teeth. It is also one of the painless procedures in cosmetic dentistry.
- You can have any food with the veneers attached to your teeth. However, avoid biting extreme hard foods like ice, candies, or other rough chewy foods.
- Veneers need not be soaked overnight like dentures. They become permanent after your dentist fixes them on your teeth.
- Porcelain veneers are stain-resistant. However, you might need to keep them away from substances that could cause discoloration like red wine, caffeine, and tobacco. If you do partake of these foods or drinks, ensure that you follow good oral hygiene to keep it safe like your original teeth.
- The patients get veneers according to the needs or the number of affected teeth. They need to visit their dentist once or twice for consultation and get them fixed to get the desired results.
- The treatment of chipped, cracked teeth with the help of veneers has been done since the 1920s. They used to treat the patients with acrylic caps that were later on replaced by resin veneers. Today, with the advancement in technology, the dentist has begun using porcelain veneers that are more reliable and effective for the teeth.
Veneers are considered to be the most popular choice for many people. It resembles both the look and appearance of our natural teeth. It is the best cosmetic dentistry that can deliver you the smile you always dreamed of.
Westwood Family and Cosmetic Dentistry offer the best dental care services in Draper, UT including dental veneer procedure. For more information and appointments call us at (801) 716-7006, book online, or visit us at 11576 S State St Suite #1201, Draper, UT 84020.